Ultra-Short Silicon Nitride Cantilevers
Ultra-Short Silicon Nitride Cantilevers are available on demand as NANOSENSORS™ Special Development item.
Ultra-Short Silicon Nitride Cantilevers for High-Speed AFM (HS-AFM) combine very small cantilevers made of silicon nitride which are designed for resonating at frequencies of up to 6 MHz and a very sharp and wear resistant High Density Carbon/Diamond Like Carbon (HDC/DLC) tip.
• especially designed for high speed scanning applications
• cannot be used in all commercial SPMs and AFMs due to the small dimensions of the cantilevers
• cantilever and tip are supported by a single crystal silicon support chip
• no intrinsic stress and absolutely straight cantilevers Cantilever
• rectangular cantilever with rounded corners at the freestanding end
• cantilever made of silicon nitride Support Chip
• dimensions of the support chip are very reproducible (3.4 mm x 1.6 mm x 0.3 mm)
• etched and lowered corners of the support chip avoid contact between the support chip and the sample
High Density Carbon/Diamond Like Carbon (HDC/DLC) tip
• tip height typically 2.5 μm and radius of curvature typically < 10 nm
• tip aspect ratio typically 5:1 and tilt compensation of 8° Gold Reflex Coating
• 30/70 nm thick gold reflex coating on the detector side of the cantilever
• enhances reflectance of the laser beam
Different types of Ultra-Short Silicon Nitride Cantilevers have been fabricated:
NANOSENSORS™ is a trademark of NanoWorld AG.
|Type ||SD-USC-SiN-6MHz ||SD-USC-SiN-3MHz ||SD-USC-SiN-1.2MHz
USC-SiN Support Chip
USC-SiN Cantilever (thin)
USC-SiN Cantilever (thick)